Fonti’s Park

The Fonti building was erected in the early seventeenth century, with water drawn from upstream and channeled into an aqueduct, which traces can still be seen today. This large public wash house was used for this purpose until the advent of the technological era. Consisting of a large central pool with wash stations located around the edges, it was renovated by the Municipality in 1937, replacing the large central pool with a series of small basins. The complex is surrounded by a park that extends from Viale Dietro le Monache to the Fonti complex, connecting a children’s playground to the skating rink. It can be considered as the most visited green area by the people of Corinaldo, especially during the summer months, when various events are held here.