July 23, 2020
January 31, 2020
January 11, 2020
October 21, 2019
Tourist Information Office
Ufficio IAT - Informazioni Accoglienza Turistica
Via del Corso, 2
Tel. 071 7978636
Saint Anna Church
The Saint Anna Church was built in the early sixteenth century by the Hospital Order of the Holy Spirit that owned it until Pope Pius IX abolished the order. The church and its adjacent hospital were located where they stand today. In the sixteenth century the complex lost its charitable function and was dismissed.
During the same century, Saint Anna became the patron saint of Corinaldo, as demonstrated in documents from that time. This selection was confirmed by the Sacred Congregation of Rites on March 20, 1728.
The current building dates back to the mid eighteenth century and hosts the mid-fifteenth- century fresco portraying Saint Anna with the Virgin sitting on her knees and holding the blessing child. The fresco is probably attributable to Francesco di Gentile da Fabriano, an ingenious painter who worked in this area from the late fifteenth century to the early sixteenth century.